Help for school leaders, teachers, SACREs, Governors and more…
- Why include Humanism in RE/RME? – This covers the need for Humanism in RE/RME, its relevance to young people, how humanists are already involved in RE and RME, and details about the UK, Welsh and Scottish Governments’ support for the inclusion of Humanism in a broad and balanced curriculum in England and Wales.
- Including non-religious students in RE/RME – A handy check list of tips for teachers.
- Understanding ‘spiritual’ development from a non-religious perspective – This includes descriptions of ‘spiritual’ development and examples of how Humanism can contribute to it.
- Including humanist perspectives in RE/RME – Here you can find ideas and suggestions for how to include a humanist perspective in lessons.
- Ideas for inclusive assemblies – advice about holding inclusive assemblies, ideas and resources, and some important days to remember.
- Handling controversial issues in the classroom – This outlines the background of the inclusion of controversial issues in the classroom; hints, tips, ground rules and guidance; an outline of issues within science and religious education; and links to resources.